Being Back Looks So Different.....
Being back looks so different. . . yet the same.
By Dr. Paul Ogborne
Masks, daily forms, health posters and sanitizing machines proliferate the school environment and bring a whole new meaning to the new normal. Yet some of the best parts are still here.
- So many changes in curriculum delivery, yet we can still study and learn the truths from Scripture in a personal way.
- Student faces are hidden, yet smiling eyes are still able to bring joy to those around them.
- Physical distancing measures are in place, yet children are connecting with their friends and playing with each other outside.
- Teachers, with masks on, are still able to interact with children in a safe, but in-person, method. (so sorry Zoom and for those who bought stock options).
- Students, even though they have been away for 6 months, are showing a more heightened sense of responsibility towards others and their actions.
It is so good to be back.
Whatever the new normal becomes, the resilience of the teachers, students, and parents will make this season an enjoyable, memorable and beneficial experience for all.
Thank you parents for your patience and understanding as together we work through school environment scenarios that we could never have dreamed of. Moving forward, please keep in constant communication with your teacher and the administration if you need any questions answered or points of concerns that require a response. But most of all, keep praying for the school and the entire community!