The PCS Annual Walkathon
In October of each school year, PCS holds their annual fundraising Walkathon.
This year's Walkathon will take place on Wednesday, October 27th and the rain date is Thursday, October 28th.
This event helps our school in a number of important ways: it raises a substantial amount of money, it allows our children to make a significant contribution to their school, it helps to build school spirit, it develops a healthy sense of accomplishment amongst our students, and it allows people, who are not directly involved in the school, to contribute to Pickering Christian School.
Navigate to the website https://https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/pickering-christian-school/p2p/walk2021/
- Click the “Create a Fundraiser” button.
- You will be redirected to the “Join PCS Walkathon” page where you will provide your name, email address, and personal Fundraising Page name (e.g. The Jones Family).
- You will then be asked to create a password for your new account.
- Once your page has been created, you will be directed to a page which displays your personal URL for your page, along with social media links which will make sharing your page easy!
- To customize your page, click the “Details” link. This page allows you to edit the name of your page and edit your “Fundraising Story” which is a short paragraph explaining your reason for fundraising.
- When you have finished customizing your page, press the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate to the fundraising page of the individual or family that you would like to donate to.
- Click the “Donate to Me” button.
- Enter the amount you would like to donate, an optional message to the individual/team, and select how you would like your donation to be displayed to other visitors to the page.
- Click “Continue with my Donation”.
- Enter your personal information, which will be used to issue tax receipts (only for donations of $20 or more), and your payment information.
- Press the “Complete Donation Now” button to finalize the transaction.
The schools' goal is to raise $33,750 to $45,000 from the Walkathon.
If each student were able to raise between $150 to $200 each, the school would meet our ultimate goal.