The PCS Annual Walkathon
In October of each school year, PCS holds their annual fundraising Walkathon.
This year's Walkathon will take place on Saturday, October15th from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. This year is a whole family event.
This event helps our school in a number of important ways: it raises a substantial amount of money, it allows our children to make a significant contribution to their school, it helps to build school spirit, it develops a healthy sense of accomplishment amongst our students, and it allows people, who are not directly involved in the school, to contribute to Pickering Christian School.
- Click the “Create a Fundraiser” button.
- You will be redirected to the “Join PCS Walkathon” page where you will provide your name, email address, and personal Fundraising Page name (e.g. The Jones Family).
- You will then be asked to create a password for your new account.
- Once your page has been created, you will be directed to a page which displays your personal URL for your page, along with social media links which will make sharing your page easy!
- To customize your page, click the “Details” link. This page allows you to edit the name of your page and edit your “Fundraising Story” which is a short paragraph explaining your reason for fundraising.
- When you have finished customizing your page, press the “Save” button at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate to the fundraising page of the individual or family that you would like to donate to.
- Click the “Donate to Me” button.
- Enter the amount you would like to donate, an optional message to the individual/team, and select how you would like your donation to be displayed to other visitors to the page.
- Click “Continue with my Donation”.
- Enter your personal information, which will be used to issue tax receipts (only for donations of $20 or more), and your payment information.
- Press the “Complete Donation Now” button to finalize the transaction.
Last year students raised just over $81,676. This year the schools' goal is to raise $54,400 from the Walkathon.
If each student were able to raise between $150 to $200 each, the school would meet our ultimate goal.