What We Believe
Pickering Christian School is a biblically based, religious organization that supports families who choose to give their children a Christian education based in the Christian worldview and moral convictions expressed in the school’s Statement of Faith and Statement of Core Values. The school also welcomes students from families that do not hold these beliefs under the clear understanding that:
- Every student will be taught all aspects of the school curriculum including the beliefs outlined in the school Statement of Faith and Core Family Values.
- No family will actively seek to alter or undermine the teachings of the school.
- All students will be encouraged to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, but no student will be compelled to do so.
We at Pickering Christian School respect all parents, including those whose beliefs are contrary to ours. However, we encourage those who strongly oppose the beliefs and values taught at our school to seek a form of education for their children that is in keeping with their own convictions.
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33)
- His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:5)
- His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11)
- His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9)
- His Resurrection (John 11:25,1 Corinthians 15:4)
- His Ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19)
- His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11)
We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God's grace and through faith alone are we saved (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29).
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 12-13; Galatians 3:26-28).
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18).
Core Family Values
The staff and board of the Pickering Christian School believe the Bible is the inerrant, inspired Word of God and that it provides the behavioral and moral standards for our lives. Therefore, based upon our understanding of biblical principles, we will teach our students:
- That the hatred of any individual or group is completely unacceptable.
- That human life begins at conception.
- That premarital sex, either heterosexual or homosexual (included but not limited to intercourse), is wrong.
- That marriage is an exclusively heterosexual institution.